Goals for Student Learning Outcomes
The knowledge, skills, attitudes, competencies, and habits of mind that Kalamazoo College students are expected to acquire.
Mission of Kalamazoo College
The mission of Kalamazoo College is to prepare its graduates to understand better, live successfully within, and provide enlightened leadership to a richly diverse and increasingly complex world.
With this statement of its mission, Kalamazoo College proclaims what it strives to accomplish with each of its students. And, while acknowledging that the outcome of educating a whole person, like the image that emerges from the many pieces arranged carefully in a mosaic, is greater than the sum its component parts, we list here component Student Learning Outcomes of a Kalamazoo College education.
Student Learning Outcomes of a Kalamazoo College Education
To understand our richly diverse and increasingly complex world, to be successful within that world, and to provide enlightened leadership to that world, a Kalamazoo College graduate will:
- Know at least one field of inquiry in depth
- Have studied a variety of fields of inquiry
- Be able to engage in various cultural contexts in informed, meaningful, responsible, and respectful ways
- Be able to learn effectively in a variety of settings
- Be able to integrate theory and experiences through reflection
- Respect personal and cultural differences
- Be able to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms
- Be proficient in at least one second language
- Be able to think critically, reason analytically, and solve problems skillfully