LIBRARY POLICIES: CLASSROOMS
The Kalamazoo College Library has a limited number of classrooms
available for study to current students on a first-come
first-served basis. Classrooms are kept locked when not in
use. The following classrooms may be checked out: ULC 213, 302,
303, 305, 306, 308, 310, 311, and 312. Classrooms reserved in advance through Facilities Reservations are not available for checkout until the reservation period has ended.
- Students with a valid Kalamazoo College ID and library
fines under $20.00 can check out library classrooms.
- Classrooms are checked out at the Circulation Desk
for immediate use. No reservations are accepted at
the Circulation Desk.
- The checkout period for a classroom is four (4) hours. Renewals must be made in person at the Circulation Desk. There is a fine of $1 per hour for overdue rooms.
- During the academic year while classes are in session,
classrooms may be checked out during the following times:
- Monday through Thursday, 5:00 p.m. - 1:00am
- Friday, 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00am
- During breaks and holidays when the Library is open,
classrooms may be checked out during Library hours.
- All personal belongings must be removed from the classroom at time of checkout.
- All classrooms must be vacated at least fifteen (15) minutes
before the Library closes.
- Library staff will lock the room and verify its condition
prior to checking in the room.
Rules for Use:
- The student who checks out the classroom is responsible
for the condition of the room during the checkout period
regardless of who uses the room.
Users of the classrooms must clean up after themselves
and leave the room in good
condition for the next users.
The Kalamazoo College Library reserves the right
to charge a $72 housekeeping fee to the responsible student
’s Library account based on
the condition of the classroom when the checkout period ends.
“Good condition” includes, but is not limited to:
- Floors and tables are clean and completely free of trash
- Tables and chairs are moved back to their original locations
- Chalkboards and whiteboards are clean and erased
- Walls and tables are not smudged, gouged, or defaced
- Users of Library classrooms must comply with:
- Do not move furniture out of or into classrooms.
- Do not leave a classroom unattended. The Library is not
responsible for personal property.
Property left unattended in a classroom for more than 30 minutes
may be removed and the classroom checked in.
- Failure to follow College or Library policies may result
in a temporary or permanent suspension of Library classroom
Policy updated February 14, 2012
go back >